Dave Balderstone

In article . com,
wrote:

Whenever I go out in a canoe I take a roll of duct tape along
to patch any holes that 'appear' in the canoe while out and
about. Uncle Red didn't just make that up.

I was on a canoe trip in Grade 6 (a LONG time ago) and we had to make
do with white bandage tape and the grease from the canned meat when we
tore the canvas on one canoe. Oh yeah, tape, grease and bailing...

Duct tape would have been a blessing.