Dave Hinz

On 19 Jan 2005 10:52:51 -0800, wrote:
Dave, wow - I apologize that I have very clearly offended you on this
one.

I'm not _offended_, I'm boggled that someone would impose the results
of their own poor choice of tools on a group of people.

However, I think that you are missing my point. I mean NO
ill-will towards him and I am not asking him to change what he does for
me (regardelss of my choice of news interface) but decided to post a
question to the group for consideration.

But the thing you're proposing _is_ that he change what he's doing,
and to not post them to the group.

Again, I mearly asked what I
thought was a reasonable question to the broader group. The posts so
far have been overwhelmingly in favor of his continuing to post his
inspiration messages here. Great, the question I asked appears to have
been aswered. As far as my asking HIM to go away - not the case at
all. He posts other things besides the inspiration posts to this group
just like everyone else does.

So you just want him to go away with the INSPIRATION posts. Got it.

And to address your point of "...how your choice of a ****-poor
interface to read Usenet should dictate
that a useful resource is made less useful for everyone.." - I actually
think another newsgroup for THIS TYPE OF POST (not just posts from this
person) would make the resource more useful to everyone as it would be
more easily searchable etc.

You can't google for the word INSPIRATION in rec.woodworking at
groups.google.com? (hint: yes, you can. Trivially so. Just as it's
trivial to ignore messages with that in the subject with any decent
newsreader.)