Good luck finding a used lathe around Seattle.
They dont come up very often. Maybe three times a year there is an
auction somewhere in western washington, so keep checking the Murphy
site. Watch the little nickel, and the classifieds for the Seattle and
Tacoma papers. You can do that on line. Consider putting a "wanted" ad
up.
Check out Hallidie machinery in Auburn- they are the only used
machinery dealer I am aware of still existing in western wa.-
http://www.hallidie.com./
Rarely, very rarely, Boeing will have a lathe, but their prices are
absurd.
Then there is the rust pile in the desert- George Washington Machinery,
over in Quincy.
http://www.georgewamachinery.com/
they usually only have huge, oddball machines that no one wants, but
they do have a bunch of axelson and other large spindle hole lathes
listed. Not cheap, of course.
Big spindle lathes are usually called oilcountry lathes, and they are
very nice, but big, heavy and expensive.

Here are a bunch more for sale around the country.

http://www.machinetools.com/mt/machi...4160&lvt=group

Personally, I have had much better luck with Jet tools than with
Grizzly, so if I was gonna buy a new asian lathe, I would call up the
guys down at equipment sales and surplus- they are the authorized
liquidator for all Jet, Wilton, Powermatic, and Performax tools that
are damaged in shipping, showroom samples, returns, cosmetics, etc. I
bought a nice Jet 18x60 from them with a 3 1/8" spindle bore a few
years ago- I doubt they have another one of those, but they get Jet and
Wilton lathes in all the time, at good prices for basically new
machines. They fix whatever is wrong before selling.
http://www.equipmentsalesandsurplus.com/