Colin Wilson

As I'm a complete newbie at DIY I drilled the first 16mm hole this evening.
I then proceeded to put the anchor bolt into the hole. The problem I found
was that the thicker end of the anchor bolt would not go fully into the hole
and I ended up having to use a hammer to knock the bolt in. I'm certain this
can't be the right way. So was wondering if anyone could give me some advice
on how I'm supposed to install anchor bolts.

You could always waggle the drill in the hole to open it out a little -
with this type of fixing it doesn`t really matter, as the fixing expands
almost indefinitely to fill the hole as the bolt acts on the cam that
forces out the wings.

You also get a little play on lining up the holes that way too :-}