Dave Hinz

On 19 Jan 2005 10:32:21 -0800, wrote:
Yes, and they're all from the same person, with the same word in the
subject. Simple to configure to ignore in any good newsreader if
that's your preference.

I don't - and perhaps others - don't use a traditional newsreader app
but browse via a web browser (groups.google.com). I have seen posts in
the past where people comment on the volume of messages and bandwidth
concerns so I don't see why this question is so unusual. I am NOT
attacking him or his posts simply asking - what I thought - was a
reasonable question.

So because of your choice of a limited newsreading tool (in this case,
web-based), you want him to change how he's doing things, for you.

So, let me get this straight. You agree that they're on-topic,

Yes

you
point out that they are consistantly marked,

Yes

and you want him to go away with them?

NO!!

Seems to me that telling him to go to a different group is equivalent
to "go away with them".

Wouldn't it be easier to ignore them, either manually or

programmatically?
It IS fairly easy to ignore them but I was mearly asking if perhaps we
should consider creating a dedicated group/list for them as there are
quite a few of them.

This fits any definition of "go away" that I can think of.

JOAT, if you'd like some webspace to put your links, in addition to
posting them here, I'll get you set up.

And I think the site would get traffic.

Great. And I'm glad he posts them here as well. I'm sorry, but I don't
see how your choice of a ****-poor interface to read Usenet should dictate
that a useful resource is made less useful for everyone.