Yes, and they're all from the same person, with the same word in the
subject. Simple to configure to ignore in any good newsreader if
that's your preference.

I don't - and perhaps others - don't use a traditional newsreader app
but browse via a web browser (groups.google.com). I have seen posts in
the past where people comment on the volume of messages and bandwidth
concerns so I don't see why this question is so unusual. I am NOT
attacking him or his posts simply asking - what I thought - was a
reasonable question.

So, let me get this straight. You agree that they're on-topic,

Yes

you
point out that they are consistantly marked,

Yes

and you want him to go away with them?

NO!!

Wouldn't it be easier to ignore them, either manually or

programmatically?
It IS fairly easy to ignore them but I was mearly asking if perhaps we
should consider creating a dedicated group/list for them as there are
quite a few of them.

JOAT, if you'd like some webspace to put your links, in addition to
posting them here, I'll get you set up.

And I think the site would get traffic.