Steve Smith

Phil Kangas wrote:

The other evening on the TV show fear factor one of the
stunts involved driving a car blindfolded with the passenger
giving directions on which way to turn and whether to speed
up or slow down with the intent of driving up a ramp onto a
flatbed trailer! All of the drivers had a very difficult
time taking
these directions and it was hilarious! Now I'm thinking what
can be so hard about this? Is it something mental? How
would you prefer to have directions given to you in that
situation?Some drivers were told to go left and instead
went into a right turn and stayed in it. Funny. Is it best
if
the driver were given status reports on current position
or should the passenger give reports on the next future
move? If I were driving I would put my hands at ten and two
and make small corrections returning the wheel to straight
ahead till the next report. Could be challenging for sure!
This stunt shows us how much we depend on visual input, eih?
Phil

They probably cut the teams that do well...

Steve