EdFielder

"yourname" wrote in message

How would you feel if you got this[your item] from south bend?

If I paid 330.00 I would be mad, if I paid 30.00 I would be happy.

What no engraved depth markings? does the screw still push the tool out?

It would take a couple hours to blank one, starting with
a piece of ground stock[not free] and countless hours screwing with the
taper to get it right. unless you do tapers all the time and your taper
attachment is all dialed in. i twould take me a couple hours to clena
the crap off of mine
As I said, I would bid at least twice SB price to make one and make
money. It is NOT a high price.

Are you NOT reading??!! Why in the world would you do all that blanking
and grinding when the thing is already available off the shelf for 3.00???
Are you one of those guys who builds a machine to turn his car upside down
to drain the oil?

And yes, it does pop the tool out, thats just a matter of being sure the nub
on the screw protrudes into the ram when retracted. Didn't know they had
engraved markings, but I think a 6" steel rule ( Home Depot .49 ) riveted
or glued to a flat milled on the side of the ram will do nicely.
Please don't tell me you need to buy an engraver for this.