John

Called TrimHead screws, I have them in the shop in #7. See the
McFeely catalog or online

John

On 18 Jan 2005 16:36:41 -0500, (Roy Smith) wrote:

I was recently pressed into service to hang up some curtain rods. The
hardware came with some funny screws that I've never seen before.
They looked pretty much like normal #6 pan-head wood (sheet metal?)
screws except that the diameter of the head was significantly smaller
than on a normal #6 pan-head.

This seems like a trivial point except that I needed to get longer
screws and the way the stupid thing was designed, a normal head was
too big to fit where it had to fit. After much time wasted searching
the fastener isle at the borg, head scratching (and not a small amount
of colorful language), I ended up taking some stock screws and
grinding the heads down to fit.

So, my question is, is there a standard name for this "smaller
diameter than a normal pan-head" screw?