RoyJ

You can pretty much browse through the log splitter section of
www.northerntool.com for ideas and all the parts you would need. They
started business about 25 years ago selling splitters, found out they
could make more money selling the splitter parts.

Q wrote:

We had a hurricane here a couple of weeks ago...
While cleaning up at parents and friends properties ( most of them look
something like this http://www.naeslund.dk/peter/foto/170105/page_01.htm ) I
got an idea to get or build a decent sized log splitter..

The Home Despot clones here sell some rather small 4 or 6 ton hydraulic
ones, but they seem a bit small for 40-50 cm diameter logs.. The other
option is paying a fortune for a logsplitter that mounts on a tractor...
Only problem with that is that someone would have to buy a tractor too :-)..

I scrounged a 10HP electric motor with a worm gear on it, have access to a
large machineshop and can stick, TIG and MIG weld if that gives anyone a
good idea?

Any input would be appreciated

/peter