J. Mark Wolf J. Mark Wolf is offline
Junior Member

Location: Pinckney, Michigan

[quote=Tom Miller]
Just put Autocad 2001 on my computer and have learned that I am too stupid

be able to operate it. Guess I need a book that will get be started. The
Autocad for Idiots book is way over my head here.

I'm with Gmasterman. I taught myself AutoCad.

If you start slow, learn the basic commands like draw a line, draw a circle, trim a line, offset a line, snap to intersection, snap to center, etc., you can be drawing simple-to-moderate 2D drawings with a week of evenings invested.

Pick up a CAD for DUMMY's book. You'll get the hang of it.

Just because a CAD package has a lot of features, doesn't mean you have to learn them all.

As for price, even AutoCad Lite retails at about $1000 now-a-days.!!!!!