Peter Ashby

I have a tile cutter ( the £15 type) where you score once by moving
the arm down the slider then "sapping" the scored tile under the
bars by pressing the lever. However, when ever I do this on a length
15mm (the piece I need!) on a 140mm X 140mm tile, all I get is a
corner breaking off!!!. Is it just practice or is there a knack? Do I
need to score more than once?. The cutting blades is as new. Does it
need lubrication? Help please, I`m running out of practice tiles!!

As others have said, score more than once but don't move the tile seems
to be key. I retiled round the bath recently and had to cut all the
tiles, by scoring more than once I got good clean breaks. Only problem
was the tiles have a linear grain (subtle but noticeable) and I got some
of them the wrong way around. Solution: put them in the middle of the
run and make them a 'feature' ;-)

Peter