ScRaPLeR

On 18 Jan 2005 12:26:07 -0800, wrote:

A popular and relatively inexpensive router for a table is a Hitachi
M12V. I believe it's rated at 3 1/4 hp and is a variable speed, soft
start router. I have one in my homemade table and it's worked great. My
table is two pieces of 3/4" MDF glued together and sealed with
water-based poly, about three coats, and then waxed. I banded the edges
with some maple. The router hangs from a piece of 1/4" thick plexiglass
that sits in a rabbet in the top. IIRC the top is about 24" x 36" or
thereabouts. The top sits on an old cabinet on which I mounted wheels (
had to cut a hole through the top for the router). I buy 1/2" bits for
my table and 1/4" bits for an old Skil plunge router that I use for
handheld stuff. The Hitachi has an adapter sleeve if you want to use
the smaller shank bits in your table. I don't think it's a matter of
store bought tables not being good enough but the fact that it's so
easy and less expensive to make your own table. Also you can make it
any size you want to suit your needs or space limitations. A search of
this newsgroup will turn up dozens of suggestions on how to build your
own table, some including photos.

Dale

Thanks For All the Input do you have any suggestions if I were to buy
a router table,, I.E what brand etc.