Dave Hinz

On 18 Jan 2005 10:03:51 -0800, jim rozen wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz says...

If you say so. I thought you were defending the law and disagreeing
with my statement that it's stupid. Maybe I misread you and if so
I apologize.

To be quite fair we still disagree about cell phone use.
I think the NY law is a good thing.

Man, I'm having a hard time keeping you in sight. Before, it
was "don't shoot the messenger", now it's back to "I agree with
the law".

But most policing (at least traffic enforcement, around here)
is done on a 'bright line rule' approach. They don't ticket
poor drivers, because that's too complicated. I wish they
would.

So instead of pushing for that, you punish _all_ drivers who use
cellphones, instead of the bad drivers. Well, they're all in cars,
so at least they have something in common, I guess. Me, I think
we should make it illegal to drive if you're wearing jeans. After
all, I've seen a lot of bad drivers, and I've seen alot of people
wearing jeans, so it's about as logical as the cellphone/bad driving
law you support.