Gunner

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:46:30 GMT, "EdFielder"
wrote:

While reading the many posts about the outrageous pricing that Le Blond was
trying to charge for a simple tailstock ram, I did some search about South
Bend and found this article
http://www.cesj.org/vbm/casestudies-...bendlathe.html

It makes for interesting reading and really gets to the issue of why our
manufacturing is going overseas.
On a note of irony, I see that the same guys defending this pricing are the
ones who always tout the values of buying old " American Iron" over new
imports.

While this is an interesting financial story, it has what exactly to
do with the price of tailstock tubes or the price of parts?

Throughout the article, I see constant references to pension plans,
big labor interferance and power structure struggles, but no mention
of parts costings.

Gunner

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child -
Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke