Grunff

- Crap batteries

possibly, although they were both NiCd cells, I would't be suprised if
they are standard tagged cells that can be replaced.

Yes, and how much will a set of decent nicads cost? And how long will it
take you to hack through the battery casing, replace the cells and glue
it back together?

- Poor speed control

I tried it this morning. it's got proper electronic, variable speed
contol. Seems ok to my ( non expert) hands!

Try a Bosch or a Makita - still feels ok?

- Much lower torque

hmm, well I tried screwing a small woodscrew in, also you can't hold
the chuck and stop it spinning. ( not that this is any test I guess ! )

Now try drilling something, or screwing a bigger screw.

- Crap chuck

maybee.. If it works I suppose I don't care though since If it breaks
/ slips it goes back to the shop .

Your time.

Look, I don't have anything personal against crap tools - I've owned a
fair few myself over the years. You asked what the differences would be.

--
Grunff