Duane Bozarth

Duane Bozarth wrote:
Lobby Dosser wrote:

And, IIRC, the eastern forests had buffalo.

Not very eastern, anyway...I think east of the Mississippi there

were
essentially unknown--although that may be more 8th grade
history/geography than real...interesting question, I'll have to look
into that.

Where do you mean/are you thinking of by "eastern" forests?

There were the bison of the Great Plains and the woods buffalo.
I think that buffalo lived (and mabe still do) as far east as
Quebec, but I'm not sure how far south they lived in the Eastern
US.

Ah...that's the difference...I was thinking only of the plains bison and
had forgotten there was another.