mike

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
I have had a couple of guitars dropped off to me for repair, a trade

thought I had quit years ago. The repairs are going to require a few

more
clamps than I currently have, essentially a few more flip clamps and

some
bigger swing clamps. I know this is a wood turning group, but we all

seem to
need clamps from time to time and I wonder if how to make them is

worth a
web page? Any comments are appreciated. O by the way, I have small

and large
flip clamps that came from scrap wood, swing clamps (those parallel

wood jaw
things) that cost some all thread and a couple of nuts, small bar

clamps
that cost $0.50 each or less, and engineer's clamps (a smaller

version of
the swing clamp) for about a buck. Of course they do cost time.

--
God bless and safe turning
Darrell Feltmate

Darrell, I'm not sure how much depth and strength you need for the
clamps.One easy and effective way to make clamps is from plastic pipe.
Cut 3/4" wide sections from a length of pipe. Saw thru one surface,
pull apart slightly and you will see that the pipe will spring back.
You will probably have to take another end off.This depends on the
size of the pipe and the thickness of the work being clamped.I have a
couple dozen made from 2" PVC pipe and a few more from various larger
sizes.I round off the sharp edge to prevent marring the work. I also
use these to clamp mitered moldings, I bore a pilot hole on each cut
end, insert a panhead drywall screw. The screws leaves small holes, the
screw points keep the clamp from slipping on the surface.Unless the
moldings are at eye level it usually not neccessary to fill them.
I hope this may help,
mike