Jack Hayes

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
I'm building some pipe burners and as part of testing/tuning I'm wishing I
had a pressure gage to read gas pressure. My LP regulator has a threaded

hole
in the side which looks like just the place to add one. However, there is

no
plug in it, nor does it leak. At the very bottom of the hole it looks like
there's some sort of membrane (my eyes are an old 52) and with certainty

no
gas comes out the hole. I don't know how to ask this question any more
intelligently, so I'll just ask it dumb: what's up with this unplugged

hole
that doesn't leak? If I want to add a pressure gage, do I have to drill it
out or is there some sort of Schrader valve that will "know" a gage is
screwed in there?

I know I can buy a Goss or Fisher regulator. Mine came on a Magnum roofing
torch and works very well, and money *is* an issue for me, so I'd rather
stick with the regulator I have.

GWE

Grant; What you are describing sounds like the vent port on the regulator,
regulators need a reference to atmospheric pressure to operate. A tee at the
outlet of the regulator would be a good location for pressure measurement,
if you are likely to operate in the several pounds range the cheapest gauge
may be one normally used on a water pump system, not great gauges but
economical.

Jack