Jan Homuth

The chapest,
yet reasonably precise and practical method is very simple:

cut the other tube in a right angle 45 degrees to its centerline.

I hope the little sketch will show how it works:

Tube 1
-------------------
/\
/ | \ - this is supposed to be a right angle seen from top
-- | | | ---------
| | | Tube 2
| | |
| -- centerline

This method works for tubes of the same or slightly differing size.
It also works for non - right angle tube joints.
just rotate the center line of the right angle cut for half the angle to
join.

If you have to join a smaller tube to a larger one, grind of the excess tips
of the cut.

grtnx
/jan

stone schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
I was wondering if there is a method for
cutting pipe to be welded together at
90 degrees. For a roll cage or something else.

The only way I've ever seen is to use a cutting
torch to sort of wing it, when making the curved
cut to get the pipe snug against the other pipe.

Is there a technique or method for making a more
precise fit for pipe welding?

Thanks.