Asimov

"vytasb" bravely wrote to "All" (17 Jan 05 17:39:40)
--- on the heady topic of " Sony TC-FX220 Cassette Deck - Flutter"

vy From: "vytasb"
vy Xref: aeinews sci.electronics.repair:7543

vy Hi, (jumping in on the thread-)
vy I have the same machine, same problem. So I bought a drive belt, now
vy the question is how do you get the darn belt on the easiest way? Do you
vy have to unscrew the transport mechanism from the chassis? Without
vy undoing something, it's a closed system and you can't get the belt
vy around the flywheel.

Veet, on some decks the flywheel mount must be unscrewed to let the
belt through. It is easy to smear the drive belt with oil or grease so
it must be cleaned before use.

A*s*i*m*o*v

.... If all else fails, hurl it across the room a few times!