Tom Miller

Just put Autocad 2001 on my computer and have learned that I am too stupid

be able to operate it. Guess I need a book that will get be started. The
Autocad for Idiots book is way over my head here.

Autocad is about as handy as pockets in your underpants. I suggest that you
download a trial copy of DesignCad 3D Max from the net. ( Google for it). It
works for a couple of weeks at no cost. That should be long enough to find
out if you like it. If you do, send them less than a hundred bucks and they
will email you an activation code. Even if you really need Autocad, try it
anyway as it will get you started in CAD a hell of a lot quicker than all
the books for dummies. It has the option of working in 2D or 3D, it has
basic shapes include in the 3D section that you can resize and modify.You
draw in real size and scale it when you print it. It can import and export
in Autocad and DXF format if you need it to send or receive drawings via
email.

It's about the easiest drawing program to learn that I know of.

Tom