Martin H. Eastburn

Grant Erwin wrote:

I'm building some pipe burners and as part of testing/tuning I'm wishing I
had a pressure gage to read gas pressure. My LP regulator has a threaded
hole
in the side which looks like just the place to add one. However, there
is no
plug in it, nor does it leak. At the very bottom of the hole it looks like
there's some sort of membrane (my eyes are an old 52) and with certainty no
gas comes out the hole. I don't know how to ask this question any more
intelligently, so I'll just ask it dumb: what's up with this unplugged hole
that doesn't leak? If I want to add a pressure gage, do I have to drill it
out or is there some sort of Schrader valve that will "know" a gage is
screwed in there?

I know I can buy a Goss or Fisher regulator. Mine came on a Magnum roofing
torch and works very well, and money *is* an issue for me, so I'd rather
stick with the regulator I have.

GWE

One thing to think about - Oxygen system - the breathing type - use a setup
like Propane tank connection to gages.
The high guage is over the top of pressure and the bottom might
be low - but one or the other is the way to go. Second hand types maybe.
The gages are low cost - by them selves if one doesn't demand high quality...

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer