Duane Bozarth

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"John Hines" wrote in message
veway.

For a concrete drive, I would think that one could cut grooves with a
saw, insert heating wires, and seal up with sealer. This would be like
how they put sensor wires in for traffic lights.

I'm sure it can be done, but it would also be like trying to heat the entire
planet as the heat will go down as well as up. I can't imagine the cost.

Many (well at least some) expensive homes use heating loops in
driveways...since the loop is nearer the top surface than the bottom, it
has less trouble getting to the top surface. I knew a few houses that
had/have them in TN, but I'm sure the cost wasn't a factor for the
homeowners..."if you have to ask about gas mileage, you can't afford
it..."