Mike

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
et...
The 'standard' door stops we are all used to that stop rain coming under
the
door aren't allowed as they are hard to negotiate in a wheelchair. So

now
you can get a wheelchair in but the entrance hall always has a wet

floor.

I think you mean thresholds and in a way you're right.

But the frames of all the PVu doors I've seen are so deep that they're
dangerous even for people on two legs, I think they'd be impossible for
wheelchairs. It's a very big bee in my bonnet ...

To me thresholds are wooden or plastic strips that stick up onto the bottom
of the door, whereas a doorstop is a continuation of the surround at the
sides and top and gives a much more definitate closure to wind and rain.

Agree the PVC ones are useless either way.