Mary Fisher

"Mike" wrote in message

"John Rumm" wrote in message
Mike wrote:

You'll need to put all your sockets in silly positions and have a silly

door
stop, then change it all back to sensible once the BCO has signed you

off.

What was the reference to the door stop all about? (a bit or building
regs that I have missed no doubt!)

The 'standard' door stops we are all used to that stop rain coming under
the
door aren't allowed as they are hard to negotiate in a wheelchair. So now
you can get a wheelchair in but the entrance hall always has a wet floor.

I think you mean thresholds and in a way you're right.

But the frames of all the PVu doors I've seen are so deep that they're
dangerous even for people on two legs, I think they'd be impossible for
wheelchairs. It's a very big bee in my bonnet ...

Mary