.

In article , Lobster davidlobste
writes
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I am geting 50W 12v units at 74p each.

Can I ask where from? Any good? The ones in our kitchen blow even more
regularly than I'd expect from incandescent bulbs and are costing me a
fortune. I find the worst offenders are Screwfix's; currently using
Wickes at £2.50 a pop and aren't a whole lot better.

David

I don't know whether I must be lucky with them or whether its power
fluctuations or different transformers or what but we have lived in our
current house for nearly 9 years now with 12 low voltage halogens and
never had to change one yet (kiss of death!), I noticed in B&Q that they
have 6 for 5.99.
--
..