On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:54:18 GMT, "Nehmo Sergheyev"
wrote:

- bridger -
if they're green wood, and recently cut, you might find some stuff
there for turning.

- Nehmo -
I don't have a lathe, but it looks like making bowls is fun:
http://www.customwooddesign.com/turninggreenwood-1.html
I didn't know you could use green wood that way.

You don't need a lathe for making bowls. Just gouge them out freeform.
I use a sculptor's adze (bowlmaker's adze would be better), scorp, and
woodcarver's tools. You could also cheat and use a Lancelot tool and a
router for a lot of it.

My way is time-consuming, but fun, especially in green wood.

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.