poolnuz

"GMasterman" wrote in message
Just put Autocad 2001 on my computer and have learned that I am too stupid

be able to operate it. Guess I need a book that will get be started. The
Autocad for Idiots book is way over my head here. Ya'll have any

suggestions on
how a slow learning idiot can learn enough to get started. Don't have time

for
real schooling in this, nor do I have the time (or memory skills) or the

trial
and error method. Need something aimed at the old man computor handicapped
mindset. Thanks!

Autocad is a powerful tool, but not for the faint of heart, and not for
first timers
you have gotten some good advice, but here is some based on the fact that
1. you already have AutoCad on your computer
2. you have lots to learn

the following link will take you to the FREE download page for
emachineshopCAD
http://www.emachineshop.com/download/index.htm

this isn't the slickest whistle in the band, but, it does have an extensive
tutorial/help/documentation info that is geared for the absolute
begineryou

you can teach yourself the BASIC idea of how to draw stuff with a CAD
program
and then, what you do next, etc

my advice is you should do this before you even think about trying to learn
AutoCad,
it will go much easier if you do

did I mention it was free?