Pete C.

I've been using TurboCAD (v9 currently) and generally like it although I
have not even come close to mastering it. I started using TC a number of
years ago when I was working on some 2D architectural stuff and I found
that IMSI had a 2D version available as a freebie. I started using it
and found it worked well and then a while later I got an email offer
from them for the full professional 3D version for $99.00. At that price
I certainly couldn't pass on it and so it went. Since that time I've
upgraded versions a couple times at about $99 so I'm now at TC v9
professional at a total outlay of perhaps $300 over like 6 years which
doesn't seem bad compared to the $750 it seems to be selling for.

I'm currently working on building a small CNC router/drill that I will
run with EMC (http://www.linuxcnc.org). Just this afternoon I got a call
from IMSI (they're a little over zealous with marketing) and I asked
about the cost of an upgrade to TurboCADCAM v2.5 which includes TurboCAD
v10.5 and was quoted $300 for the upgrade which also seems pretty good
compared against the about $900 street price.

TurboCAD also generally comes with some extra stuff on the CD such as
Floorplan3D which is a stripped down and optimized CAD that I find is
really good for putting together quick visualizations of floor plans
(good renders with sun angle and all). In fact on the house I just
purchased this past August I took measurements while I was looking at it
and had the floor plan fully modeled in FP3D before I even closed on the
sale.

If you can get a good intro price offer TurboCAD seems difficult to
beat.

Pete C.

Don Foreman wrote:

On 17 Jan 2005 14:59:03 GMT, (GMasterman) wrote:

Need something aimed at the old man computor handicapped
mindset. Thanks!

AutoCAD isn't it.