Stormin Mormon

Since this is a recurring problem, go to the hardware store and ask for a
"closet auger". And ask the clerk to demonstrate how it works, it isn't
instantly obvious.

The junky one is about $8, the Ridgid one is about $25 and the good one is
$40.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Julie P." wrote in message
Hi, my toilet is clogged up, most likely from too much toilet paper. This
has sometimes happened before, but leaving things sit overnight and/or
sticking the toilet brush handle into the toilet hole and pushing it around
usually fixed this. Sometimes the water filled to the top of the bowl, and
then I heard gurgling sounds, but then the pressure of the water would
always break through the clog.

But this most recent time, nothing has worked.

For various reasons, I don't feel like calling my landlord, since she makes
a big ordeal of everything. I don't have a plunger, and have trouble using
them, since I have difficulty getting a complete seal to effectively plunge.

Is there any quick way to clear the clog? I tried sticking the pick-up tube
from a liquid soap bottle into the hole, and it is clear at least until the
part where the hole starts to curve upwards. The water fills the bowl when
flushed, then I hear gurgling sounds, but it does not flush. After about 15
minutes, the water goes down to normal level by itself

What I would like is a homemade tool to stick down the hole and break the
clog. It has to be flexible, long, and stiff at the same time. Perhaps a
tape measure?

Thanks for any help!

Julie