Art

In the future you might try a different brand toilet paper. Charmin seems
unflushable these days.

"Julie P." wrote in message
Hi, my toilet is clogged up, most likely from too much toilet paper. This
has sometimes happened before, but leaving things sit overnight and/or
sticking the toilet brush handle into the toilet hole and pushing it
around usually fixed this. Sometimes the water filled to the top of the
bowl, and then I heard gurgling sounds, but then the pressure of the water
would always break through the clog.

But this most recent time, nothing has worked.

For various reasons, I don't feel like calling my landlord, since she
makes a big ordeal of everything. I don't have a plunger, and have trouble
using them, since I have difficulty getting a complete seal to effectively
plunge.

Is there any quick way to clear the clog? I tried sticking the pick-up
tube from a liquid soap bottle into the hole, and it is clear at least
until the part where the hole starts to curve upwards. The water fills the
bowl when flushed, then I hear gurgling sounds, but it does not flush.
After about 15 minutes, the water goes down to normal level by itself

What I would like is a homemade tool to stick down the hole and break the
clog. It has to be flexible, long, and stiff at the same time. Perhaps a
tape measure?

Thanks for any help!

Julie