TURTLE

"John" wrote in message
I'm installing a new washer and electric dryer in a the bathroom closet. The
closet used to hold an old washer/dryer combo unit which only required one
240V 14-30R outlet. The new dryer can use this 240V outlet ok, but I need a
to install a new 120V outlet adjacent to this for the washer. Does the
electrician have to run a new circuit back to the panel ($$$), or can he
just pick up the 120V from one side of the existing 240V outlet? Thanks! ---
John

This is Turtle

No not if you don't want to get the required electric equipment needed to branch
off like this and most of the time it will cost as much as running new circuit
to it. Now cost effective usely ends up with a new circuit there.

TURTLE