the natural philospoher wrote:
wrote:

8. Cellar.

This is a pretty major deal. If you can install a poured concrete
cellar the size of the house, with no electrics/ plaster/ anything

else
to keep cost down, then in futuer you can convert the cellar into
habitable and make your house 50% bigger. Thats no small thing.

Its also the one area that can be very very dodgy.

Fancy having it fill with seage because down the road has blocked the
sewers? My sister had this happen three times on a new build house in
Germany.

Making cellars habitable implies running water. Beware of what happens

if it can't run out.

These are things that can be addressed at conversion time later, if you
do convert, and they dont strike me as the biggest of hurdles. You may
not need to have running water down there at all. If you do, the waste
can be pumped.

If youre going to the extra of having a cellar, I assume youve already
got a ground floor bog, would be silly not to. In which case a cellar
loo is not normally necessary.

NT