Joe AutoDrill

Just put Autocad 2001 on my computer and have learned that I am too stupid
be able to operate it. Guess I need a book that will get be started. The
Autocad for Idiots book is way over my head here. Ya'll have any
suggestions on
how a slow learning idiot can learn enough to get started. Don't have time
for
real schooling in this, nor do I have the time (or memory skills) or the
trial
and error method. Need something aimed at the old man computor handicapped
mindset. Thanks!

If what the others said applies to your needs, I totally agree. Find
something easier to use if you can and learn from there.

But if you need to have ACAD for some reason, then the first thing you might
want to do is find an ACAD newsgroup. There are lots of people here who
probably know it, but there are ACAD fanatics in those groups who will jump
at the opportunity to answer all your questions and then some.

You probably want to learn how to modify the menu system to simplify things
first off IMHO. Too much on the screen to try and juggle and learn it all
at once from my experience. I started learning the basics on a "stripped"
screen and started adding functions to the MNU files as I found I needed
them regularly. That way you can also set up your own "short cuts" to those
functions too...

ACAD is about as complex as they come on the consumer user end... Once you
think you know it, you realise that you still ave to reference yours or
someone else's notes from time to time.

Good luck!

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.