Alex Bird

Default Silicone Sealant

"John" wrote in message ...

I have used this stuff many, many times without any problems. I think (as
it was your first seal) you have waited too long before smoothing it with
your finger or whatever you used, maybe because you applied it slower than
'normal'.

I didn't stand back and look, really, I didn't wait.
The gun I've borrowed doesn't dispense a lot on each pull (I have used
one before for some other product), I ran a thumb along to even out
the spread before using the detergent dipped thumb to smooth it off.
I suppose that delay could be the problem, along with uneven spread.

Was it the end you started at that creased?

Mainly

If it is really
bothering you the only remedies to creasing is either put more over the top,
if it's not going to look too bad, or scrape it out and start again.

It's fully functional, doesn't look that bad and I've had enough of
the bathroom now. Of course I'd like to do it again, but I don't have
the time or the sealant.
How well does adding to the top work ? Presumably if it's fresh and
clean it'll stick quite well to itself. I need to add a section at
one end when I've done a little woodwork.

Cheers,
Alex