Bruce Sinclair

In article , Jonathan Goodish wrote:
In article ,
"George E. Cawthon" wrote:
Smoking? And you didn't stop? yep, that is dumb, but you
know that.

Actually, I did stop after it was apparent that the bar and chain were
smoking. It wasn't apparent what was happening at first.

I have noticed that a chain that is wearing will go through softer woods
without a problem but will not go through harder woods, such as oak.
Given the fact that day 2 began with the oak, the distinction between
the two wasn't as apparent as it would have been had I moved immediately
from softer to harder woods. But, you're right, I now know how to
instantly recognize when a chain isn't performing as it should.

Keeping a cahinsaw sharp is IMO the most important part of maintenance. As
soon as you notice it's not cutting so well, sharpen it. Before you start,
sharpen it. You get the idea

JKG

Bruce

the bad things. = Terry Pratchett. Jingo.

(if there were any)