Andy Hall

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:10:40 GMT, (Anna Kettle)
wrote:

I'm about to install a loft ladder so I can get into my attic easily
and it would be just great if I can fit both the loft ladder and
(eventually) the new heating/water system without having to move any
of my old heating/water system for the time being

I've not yet done any planning of the the new heating/water system
beyond thinking that it will be a mains pressure system suitable for a
three bedroom two bathroom house

The space I'd like it to go into is a triangular gable end which when
floored will be 2300mm wide, 1150mm high in the centre and 1100mm deep

Can anyone tell me if this is likely to be a big enough space for my
new system?

I hope so, cos otherwise I will have to find somewhere else for the
loft ladder thougb I suppose that is better than fitting it and then
deciding later that it will have to be moved

I think that the height could be a problem, Anna.

If you want the boiler to go up there, then you will need to check
height carefully, including flue.

If you are going to go for a combi boiler and have it suitable for 2
bathrooms, it's a push anyway, but larger capacity ones tend to be
quite big.

An alternative could be a heatbank, but including a built in header
tank, is going to be higher if of reasonable capacity.

It may be doable, but your choices may become quite restricted.

The other thing to watch for is whether there is enough height above
the loft ladder to lift and move things in.

If you are going to plan it this way, I think some careful research is
needed now. Is there another place with greater height where at
least a cylinder could go?

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl