On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:16:42 GMT, "Jack"
wrote:

"Swingman"

Now, to figure out the best way to get them onto DVD for my _private_
viewing pleasure in the shop ...

Santa brought me a Panasonic DVR (DMR E85H) with a DVD burner, I've been
very happy with the copies of the few things I like on TV. I've got about 5
DVD's of the WoodWorks show, and a few of Nahm's show too.
Also made excellent DVD's from the endless stack of VHS tapes from our
Camcorder. Delivered a few custom DVD's to each of my kids with their
childhood events and they loved it.
You CAN teach this old dog new tricks.

Jack

One of my friends videotaped another friend's funeral. He's making
DVDs for those who want them. (Not as morbid as it sounds. The
deceased was -- well, 'unique' springs to mind -- and most of the
funeral was devoted to telling funny stories about him, which
sometimes degenerated into standup comedy routines. Kind of like that
old Saturday Night Live routine about the funeral that was held over
for the 18th week.)

--RC
"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.