Tom Watson

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:35:09 -0600, "Swingman" wrote:

LOL ... Me, I am a sucker for a 'groove' bass player. My ALL TIME FAVORITE
white boy groove player:

Donald "Duck" Dunn

watson - who is kinda interested in seeing how far the responses to
this will kick out to the right before he runs out of screen...

I first saw Duck live playing with Leon Russell in about the mid
seventies, on a non-venue near to Philly (don't know why they were
there - there was no gig on) but heard him from the time of Booker T,
Otis, Wilson, Issac - you remember Ronnie Hawkins? - the Hawk that
started out the Band?

I don't think there was anybody the sumbitch didn't play with during
the seventies and he played with Petty, Clapton and even Buffet during
the eighties.

shazzam - somebody else like bass folks - betcha don't like drummers,
though.

watson - who likes drummers, too - but not too many keyboard guys and
only two vibraphone dudes.

watson - who only likes one harp player and he's really a lyricist.

it ain't mayall.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 (webpage)