robo hippy

Reyd,
I got one of those 'keeps it's edge 3 times longer' gouges. For a
while it replaced my Elsworth signature gouge. It did hold an edge much
longer.I noticed it didn't keep the fresh off the grinder edge any
longer than the other gouge, but kept a good working edge longer.
Because of that, I used it exclusivly. Then one day, I picked up my
freshly sharpened Elsworth gouge for a finish cut, and noticed that it
had a much keener edge than the 3 times longer gouge. Now I mostly use
the 3 times longer gouge for most of the cutting, and the other gouge
for the finish cuts.
robo hippy

George wrote:
"Reyd" wrote in message
for some actually decent content, does anyone here use Hamlet

gouges? I
ended going with them because they are more then 3x longer lasting

then
P&N if you go by the numbers, and only 3 times as expenseive.

Couple, but mine are the 2030 middle hard. They work just fine. One

says
Hamlet, other says Packard WW. I use 'em when sharp, sharpen when

not, so I
guess I just don't keep score.