Tom

Gene Kearns wrote:

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 07:43:10 -0800, Tom wrote:

Names do get a bit convoluted. When I think of a facing lathe I think
of one of these....
http://tinyurl.com/5785g ... it has a tailstock...

If it has a tailstock it's not a facing lathe, per se.
I hope you don't believe everthing a used car salesman
tells you, also? :-)

Heavens! Are you implying that they might.... uh.... exaggerate!!

Yes

Aside from that, I can find nothing in my experience nor library that
suggests a facing lathe cannot have a tail stock....

Buy more books.

a "T" lathe, on the other hand, has no provision for a tailstock...

A "T" lathe is just a Lodge & Shipley lathe designation, not a
generic term.

do you have any information to the contrary???

Yes

Am I to take it that you're running your site off your own server?

Yes, indeed! A blazingly fast, state of the art, 500Mhz Pentium II.
Thus, the paranoia... had the website been on the ISP's server, it
would have been "their" problem....

Too bad..

Homepage
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/machine_shop/index.htm