Sunworshipper

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:45:49 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 17:10:02 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show "RogerN"
wrote back on Thu, 13 Jan 2005 02:53:31 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :

Should horses be spooked by gunfire?

Horses, to be polite, "ain't the sharpest tool in the drawer." They can
be spooked by all sorts of things. Remember, they are herbivores - another
way of saying "prey". Prey species tend to be real alert about unexpected
things in their neighborhood. "Paranoia" is a survival trait for things
which could be "lunch". So yeah, horses "spook" at gunfire. They also
spook at snakes, laundry flapping in the wind, the wind, things sneaking up
on their blind side, loud noises, lightening, rain, sunshine, cars, dogs,
cats and horses named "Brucey" .
Let's face it, if you din't know someone was shooting, you'd jump at
the first gunshot too. And if you had no idea what that noise was, you'd
be a little spooked too.

On the other hand, based on conversations with a horsewoman I know,
what most people call "spirit" in a horse is closer to neurotic or
hysterics. "Flighty." Her experience with horses had been as 'working
horses'. Ayup, she rode horses to get to work, or as part of the job.
"Cow ponies" they was called. (Tain't nothing purtyer than a gal from
ranch country getting to pet the pretty working horses at the fair. That
smile lighting up her face, just beautiful. Course, I thought her
beautiful the rest of the time too, but I digress.)

John Wayne would be ashamed! :-)

If it were his horse, maybe.

Pigs, cats, and even most Liberals are smarter than horses. The more
pedigreed, often the more flakey they are. Some exceptions tend to be
Arabians as an example..sometimes......

Those high dollar race horses? Nutcases on 4 legs. Goofier than
Beverly Hills soccer moms. If they were human, they would be at the
analyist everyday and grokked to the eyeballs on Valiums.

Give me a good old mustang stock working horse thats been around for a
while, or a mule if I have to use something with 4 legs, big enough
to ride. And even then, Ill watch em close for a year or two.

Hummm except for the 4 legs..pretty much sounds like women, dont it?

Gunner

Stop you two , that's too funny.

When I would go over to grandma's to take care of the pool she would
go "Who are you?". I'd say your son's son and she'd call me his name
and ask me if I tied up the horse.

I'm very paranoid of them things , even petting their noses through a
steel pipe fence.