Tom

Gene Kearns wrote:

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 15:58:39 -0800, Tom wrote:

Actually it was L & S who designated theirs as T Lathes.
Monarch used the term Right Angle Lathes.
Many used "Face or "Surfacing" lathes.

Names do get a bit convoluted. When I think of a facing lathe I think
of one of these....
http://tinyurl.com/5785g ... it has a tailstock...

If it has a tailstock it's not a facing lathe, per se.
I hope you don't believe everthing a used car salesman
tells you, also? :-)

How about reducing the paranoia on your site?

I have upgraded my firewall software and it appears that blocking the
IPs for most of the Pacific Rim and parts of Southern Europe are no
longer necessary. It was unbelievable watching the incessant attempts
at port sniffing from these geographic IPs.... those people ought to
get interested in metalworking or something (anything) else other than
trying to break into other people's computers... and remember, just
because you are paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get
you...

Am I to take it that you're running your site off your own server?

Homepage
http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/machine_shop/index.htm

Tom