Edwin Pawlowski

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message

It is also prone to false signals

A false postive might be annoying, but it wouldn't be dangerous. OTOH a
system with the lack of a relaible means of determining whether a smoke
detector signal was sent / received could be fatal.

Actually, it is dangerous. Ask any fireman about battery smoke detectors
that are too sensitive. People take the batteries out and they don't bother
them any more. Later, the firemen get to put the fire out and sometimes
take out bodies. If an X-10 trips too much, good chance it will get
disabled for the shame reason.

A fellow at work just a couple of weeks ago told me he disconnected his CO
detector because it went off too much. Weeks later, he was complaining of
illness, sleepiness, etc. I suggested he check it out. Well, you can
figure the rest of the story.