toller

No, it is cheaper. You just add mineral spirits to regular varnish until it
is thin enough to wipe.
I think the last time I made it I used 1 part MS to 2 parts varnish.

"Shawn" wrote in message
Wipe on poly. I've seen that but never thought of using that in this
instance. I've never seen it in gallon cans. I assume it's more
expensive overall, but that could be worth the hassle ! Thanks.

"toller" wrote in message
Never done a door, but have done lots of cabinets and they have doors.

Foam brush, argh.
Getting poly on with any brush is difficult without dripping and
globbing; probably impossible with foam.
I use wipe on poly. It is thin, so you need twice as many applications,
but they each take half as long, so you are even there. The important
thing is that it never drips, globs, or skips.
I use rags that come 100/bag; cheaper than foam brushes even.