willshak

On 1/16/2005 10:40 AM US(ET), Red Neckerson took fingers to keys, and
typed the following:

"Duane Bozarth" wrote Red Neckerson wrote:

"mp" wrote in message

I can't imagine even HF sending items that had to
have additional insurance, without a signature
confirmation/acceptance.

I have had packages that said on them signature required left by UPS
on my porch. I am almost always home and often UPS will leave
packages on the porch without even ringing the door bell.

Same here. It has happened too many times to me. I've long since given
up
on UPS, even for my business. All of my suppliers are told not to ship
via
UPS, and any outgoing deliveries are sent via other couriers.

I am GLAD they leave the packages on my porch! You know how much of a
pain
in the ass it is to come home and find a slip telling you that "We
attempted
to make a delivery" and then you have to haul ass 30 minutes away to try
and
pick up the package before the place closes?

So do I, but they (as well as the others) are instructed (and we keep
same drivers pretty well, fortunately) to leave stuff in the shop, not
out in the open. On the farm, I don't worry much...in town I'd not even
think of it.

It's a lot less pita to go get or have them deliver at another time than
it is to follow-up on a stolen delivery...

I guess it's a calculated risk by UPS on whether it's cheaper in the
long run to lose a few as compared to keeping drivers on schedule...

Agreed.

I WAS talking about home delivery. I do not think I'd want them just to
leave a package sitting outside the door at my place of business.....

They are usually more service oriented towards businesses, especially if
you have a good looking secretary or receptionist that they can chat
with for a few minutes.

--
Bill