Mark

typed:

Hi,

I'm planning to fix a couple of aerial brackets to the side of the
house, but before I do it would seem wise to remedy the spalling
bricks and re-point.

Rather than describe the current problem, I've uploaded some
pictures
-
http://steve.blokes.org.uk/c399788.html

Do I need to replace the spalled bricks? Or can I repatch them?
Should I seal the wall? The mortar is fairly sandy and mixed with
gravel.

Has the main part of this house got a flat roof ?
why is there no guttering visible on the flank wall.

The pictures might be a bit misleading.

Ahh ok..
Yes it can be done off a ladder if you are ok with working at that height,
would be worth using a ladder stand-off as you will need both hands free.
And although expensive one of these
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...set=UTF-8&pn=1
&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&q=&n=17951-76&x=6&y=7
are useful for getting mortar into the gaps.
Frogs up, and well buttered first