RonB

What is the fix for a sticky speed control? I had to quit turning in
35 degrees ambient, because the lathe was colder than I was.

See my note to Ron. I think the holes for the detent pin are too small on
the original speed control units. I ruined mine, and the replacement
works far superiorly. I also lubed the level pivot and everything now
seems slick and smooth.

I have previously heard about the holes too but haven't had a chance to take
a look at it. A previous post suggested that gentle emery reaming and a
drop of oil will remedy.

The Jet on-line tech support recommends cleaning the belt-drive area but
that sounds a bit flakey. I had the problem before the machine had a chance
to gum up. I'll need to tear it apart and try the ream and oil.