Larry Jaques

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 20:27:28 -0800, the inscrutable "SteveB"
spake:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
Back to metal, where do you guys buy your steel and aluminum plate
for projects? Y'know, foot square or smaller.

I got some motors in the mail yesterday and need either flanged plates
or 3-5" diameter faceplates for them (5/16" D and 3/8" round shafts.)
The need is to convert from rotary to reciprocating motion for 1-10
lbs @ 1-60 rpm. I can't think of the name for the rotating
ball/bushing used there so I can't Google it, either. sigh

I am lucky enough to live near a metal supplier. They break and shear
metals. They have a "rem pile" and scrap drums. You can find all sorts of
pieces of aluminum and steel, and they charge by the pound. Really cheap
for those little projects.

There's one here in town where I've dropped off old dryers, but I've
never priced any new or used metal from them. The scrap prices would
be lovely for most projects. I'll check with them on Tuesday. Thanks
for reminding me of the scrap price potential.

I drank WHAT? + http://www.diversify.com
--Socrates + Web Application Programming